Thursday, June 21, 2007

LA without the drama

Over the past few years, I have had to show a number of people from India around LA. While a travel guide does provide a comprehensive list of places to visit, not every place is equally interesting to the foreign tourist. For instance, Hollywood and its history figures prominently in any LA guide book (as it should). However, if you are not a big fan of Hollywood movies, then there is no point in gawking at every movie themed mural or actor's grave site. Here I describe only those places and activities that I found were particularly memorable to my visitors. I have also included things to showcase those aspects of LA which are most fascinating to me - its diverse cultures, varied geography, and great weather.

I will add to the list as things come to mind. So the places are in no particular order.

No comments: